>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Friday, March 25, 2005

NASCAR: 49, 99, Schrader, and Schrader's cousin

Kenny Schrader is retiring. I have been casting about looking for who my heir apparent is. Who would I root for when Ken Schrader retires?

I'm loyal. I was a Packer fan for all those long hard cold years when the playoffs were what other teams did after Christmas. Brett Favre was a godsend.

On the FOX broadcast of the race last weekend, I heard that Carl Edwards was Schrader's cousin. And I thought, hmmm, Edwards seems like a good kid. And he's Schrader's family. Has a certain symmetry to it. And then he won the race! He won the race!

I'm gonna miss Kenny when he retires at the end of next season, but the future looks good. And Kenny is still going to run dirt tracks and the Craftsman Truck Series, so its not like I won't ever get to see him run again.

All and all, a good time to be a NASCAR fan.

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker