>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

No Baseball. No Softball. No Shit!

The International Olympic Committee announced last week that it was dropping baseball and softball from the Olympics in 2012.

This blows me away. And pisses me off.

Read Fay Vincent's comments here from the New York Times.

Softball seems to have gotten swept along because of MLB's lax anti-doping policies. Boo!

I wonder if this is just an example of the world giving America the finger as Fay suggests.

So baseball and softball were passed over in favor of rifle shooting, archery, sculling, and Greco-Roman wrestling.

On top of that, none of the five sports vying to replace baseball and/or softball received enough votes to become an Olympic sport. Squash, rugby, golf, karate and roller sports were up for the open spots.

So they have eliminated two of the twenty-eight Olympic sports. Two that received viewership here in the U.S.

I. O. C. President Jacques Rogge pushed to eliminate the two sports. Dr. Jacques Rogge is from Belgium. This move was so anti-American that I expected to discover he was French.

The American teams have dominated in baseball and softball. This is on a par with the Soviets winning the 1972 Gold Medal in Basketball when they didn't deserve it.

BAH!

Bastards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker