>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Letter to the Editor of the Local Newspapers and Cinemark Management...

CINEMARK CLEBURNE 6

My 10-year old, 12-year old, and their 10-year old friend were allowed into a PG-13 movie, Employee of the Month, at Cleburne Cinemark 6 last weekend without supervision. Considering that we dropped them off with the idea that they were going to go see Open Season, I'm rather upset with the establishment.

Add to this the fact that the previews before Employee consisted of R-rated fare like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the Beginning and I'm a little more upset.

My children are grounded totally from going to movies for a few months and after that they aren't going without my wife or I accompanying them, but that doesn't lessen the culpability of Cinemark in Cleburne.

Why rate movies at all if they aren't going to enforce the restrictions. Better that a 12, 13, 14 year old be mad at being denied access to a movie, than to allow 9 and 10 year olds to slip into these kinds of movies.

***

This was sent to Cinemark's corporate management, the Cleburne Times-Review and the Burleson Star.

UPDATE:

The following is a response from Cinemark. Maybe it's just me, but this response pissed me off more instead of mollifying me.

Thank you for your email. Children purchase tickets for a G and PG show, like OPEN SEASON, and then sneak into another show. We monitor as best we can and catch quite a few who do this. We don't catch them all.

This is probably what these children did. Rest assured that we do our best not to sell tickets to those who are not the appropriate age and that we turn away many customers. We are often criticized for doing so.

Everyone must do their part to enforce the ratings system--studios, theatres and parents.

I applaud your intention to accompany your children to the theatre. This is really the only way that you can monitor what they are exposed to.


He only applauds my actions because he thinks this will mean family night at the movies and more revenues for his company. Well, it'll be a cold day in hell when I set foot in a Cinemark again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker