>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Okay, the Kid's Got Skills...and NFL Talk




I've refused to drink the Kool Aid.

I've ignored and, almost, drowned in the Tony Romo hype on Dallas radio and television. And trust me there has been a crapload of it.

And I still don't think you should be dusting off a place in Canton for this guy, or giving the Lombardi Trophy to the Cowboys yet, or naming him MVP.

The kid is good.

He's got skills.

He's still a kid...but he's pretty damned good.

And I'm not joining the Romo-sexual fan club, but I think the Cowboys have their Quarterback of the Future and the future looks good...if you're a Cowboy fan.

***

If you're a Packer fan like me...you have to start wondering if Rodgers has anything in his bag if he can't even get into a game in garbage time when the Pack should be resting Brett Favre.

***

Is this a changing of the guard year in the NFL? Look at the rise of the new QBs...Romo, Rivers, Young, Leinart, Cuttler(or is that with one T?)...

***

I've said it before...I'll say it again...

Ben Roethlisberger needs his Mom to move to Pittsburgh for a couple of months. Feed him a steady diet of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. Put that 25 pounds back on him that he lost between the motorcycle accident, the appendix surgery, and the first concussion. And he'll be more like his old self.

***

Do you think that the New York Giants ever wonder what would have happened if they had just said no to Eli Manning and held onto Phillip Rivers?

***

Rex Grossman had such a great early season. Since then...not so good.

If the Bears defense stumbles, they are beatable. If an opponent's offense can hang 20 on the Bears, they are...beatable.

***

Thanks to injuries and players just returning from injury, the Seahawks are slowly turning back into that team from last year. They carry a load of intangibles as we wind toward the playoffs. Not sure that I would want my team to have to play them when it is go time in the playoffs...plus they've got the best kicker in the league.

***

I wonder about Atlanta...are they going to blow up and dismantle a good team? I'd say they are probably going to fire their coach. As to the rest...time will tell.

***

Does Coughlin last out the season?

Depends on the in-fighting in New York. But...losing to the Cowboys yesterday...I don't know if it'll happen this week...but keep your eyes on it. Coughlin is bound to be on a short leash.

***

Will Cowher retire at the end of the season? Not sure about that one. Does he wish he had retired with Jerome Bettis? I bet.

Smoke extends our condolences to Jerome Bettis on the passing of his father.

***

Does Bill Parcells come back for another season in Dallas?

He looks like he is enjoying the game again. I'd give good odds that the New Jersey Con Man will be on the Cowboy sidelines next season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark "Puff" Anderson said...

HA!

Of course based on how the last five games of the Cowboy season went, I could be wrong.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker