>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

For Those of You Interested In Comparative religion...and Free Stuff

The Islamic Society of Greater Houston is giving away free Korans.

Click here.

I received the link through the Freebie Fantasy Yahoo Group. They send tons of links about free stuff, sweepstakes, coupons, etc. Its a lot to wade through, but there are some cool things. Again, I'm warning you...it's a lot, A LOT, of email, even in Digest mode.

I received the Koran, some posters from Nato, an ambassadorial membership in the Maker's Mark Whiskey club, a couple of 2006 calendars, etc.

The Maker's Mark club included some glasses and stirrers. I'm hoping that being a member gives me a dib on buying the special Ambassador's Barrel that they are currently working on. I saw a video regarding it. It looked good...like its aging just beautifully.

Anyway, I need to find a copy of the Torah, the Apocrypha, the Book of Mormon and the Baghavad Gita to join my Koran and my three Bibles on my bookshelves. I'm sure there are some others that I'm not remembering.

I used to have a copy of the Gita...not sure what happened to it.

Hmmm, wonder if its properly the Koran or al-Qur'an or the Quran...I've seen it all three ways. In the link, it is spelled Koran. But on the cover of the book it is Al-Qur'an.

Ah well, I guess that's semantics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker