>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Mike Tice and a Viking Funeral to Close Out NFL 2005




Though they are the enemy of all things Green and Yellow and, disclaimer time, not just because I happen to love a Viking fan, I think Mike Tice got hosed. They fired him one hour after his Vikings put it on the Chicago Bears yesterday.

He pulled it together after Cullpepper's injury. He went on a helluva win streak coming down the stretch and he missed the playoffs by a game or two.

I propose that if he had had Brad Johnson at QB for the whole season the Vikings would have made the playoffs. I further propose that if they had traded Daunte Cullpepper instead of Randy Moss, then, they would have not only been in the playoffs but probably had home field advantage. And sent the hated Bears scurrying back to their dens. BAH!

Making Onterio Smith's drug problem, Tice's fault is a crock. The idiot got caught carrying a urine replacement device designed to help beat drug tests...through airport security, for Gawd's sake. This thing has to look like a dildo to fool the observers for the drug tests. Can you imagine the airport screener's face when he/she realized what they were looking at in this NFL Running Back's luggage...even worse if he was carrying it on his person...even worse.

The Love Boat scandal...was Tice there? Was he charged with any of the debauchery?

And yes, his Vikings have been streaky, but what team isn't. They'll get on a good run and win some games and, then, BAM! They lose a game that the fans and media think they shouldn't have...it happens.

That's why they play the games and why they keep score.

Not everybody wins every weekend.

Welcome to real life!

He was told an hour after the game. No time to savor a victory. His wife was hounded by reporters in the parking lot as she was leaving the Metrodome about the rumors.

And what did he say his immediate plans were beyond fielding job offers...he said, ""Go home and let my wife cry on my shoulder, I guess."

I hope you get another job soon, coach.

Keep your pencil sharp.

Mike Tice could coach my Green Bay Packers and I'd be glad to have him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker