>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Smoking Lamp #2 - Comic Book Fan Fiction

++++++++++++++++++
The lamp is lit...
++++++++++++++++++

Imprint: Avengers 2000
Series: Squadron Supreme #13

Author: Jason MacAskill
Title: "Back to Life"

Reading the "What you missed..." makes me wish I had time to go read some back issues. I will eventually but today is not the day.

I guess we can assume that the Silver Cyclone will be rebuilt based on what Fastforward says as he takes on his new name.

Good cross continuity there having the Warriors show up to check out the errant Earth-Sers. The Warriors should make some appearances around the horn in other titles here at Av2K as well.

I've always loved the Blue Diamond. Good to see him getting some play here.

I hope we get to see the Stranger come looking for his experimental subject at some point. I've always liked Old Silver Hair's appearances and the enigmatic way that he is sometimes a villain and sometimes an ally.

I wonder at how the Squadron members will react to Diamond's leadership considering how new he is to the 00's and the team.

If Sam had the psionic connection to Redwing when he got killed, it probably is a good idea for him to talk to the evaluator.

Hyperion-Eternal. Good stuff.

And the Skrullian Skymaster gets a job. Good for him.

And in response to the Author's Note, I've come to the conclusion that figuring out too far ahead leads to big trouble. I was 10 issues deep in The Birds and The Bees and realized that I had to make a significant change in Issue #4, so I'm rethinking 6 of them. But it does give you a degree of confidence being ahead, doesn't it.

I give it 9.5 out of 10 cigars.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The lamp is extinguished...Steady as she goes.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker