>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Things I Thought I Would Never Say #1

"Where are your panties"

The first night that I had stayed at my girlfriend's home. I awoke early and went to make coffee. Standing in the kitchen, looking out at the backyard, I heard a light footfall behind me.

I turned and there was the youngest. I had never been good with children. I didn't deal well with the ones that I grew up around or that had been around since I had become an adult. So of course I fell deeply in love with the mother of three incredible little girls. I am in so much trouble, HA!

The youngest is an elfin figure...more approximately, she is part elf, part imp, and all cute. And she knows it. God help the world. God help me.

I hear the words, "What are you doin', Mark?"

So, I tell her that I'm making coffee.

She yawns and stretches and I say the following, "Where are your panties? You had panties on when you went to sleep! You need to have panties on!"

"Hee, hee, hee. Sorry Mark," she responded. Over the years, I will hear exactly that phrase a number of times.

"You've got to put on panties. You've got to wear panties. Its a rule," I said. Later, I tried this same rule with socks, but it failed miserably.

"Okay, okay," she responded to the crazed adult. "But I can't find them. I don't know where they are," she said.

"Where are the ones you had on when you went to bed?" I ask.

She shrugs.

"Well you've got to put some on," I said.

"Will you find them for me?" The, then, three year old little angel said to me with a smile and I realized that I was whipped.

As I searched through her dresser and found a pair of Dora the Explorer panties for her to wear, I was thinking about the conversation. And thus was born the column, "Things I Thought I Would Never Say."

Thank you for reading Issue #1:
Things I Thought I Would Never Say
"Sarah, where are your panties?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker