>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Mother Nature Attacks!

When Birds Attack!

Wow! Poor Houstonians.

I wonder what happened to the baby bird that fell out of the nest. And how the entire community of grackles decided that the people on that street in front of that building were the ones responsible. Interesting.

These would probably be the Great-tailed Grackle, Quiscalus mexicanus. A recent report showed that their breeding area extends over all of Texas. That's a lot of confirmed breeding area.

A couple of years ago for Halloween, I went as a victim of Hitchcock's Birds. I got a thrift store suit for $15 and bought some little fake black birds and a couple of vials of fake blood. After I went to work with some scissors and started attaching the birds to the suit, it turned out great.

I've never had grackles attack me before, but I can attest that the little bastards are very aggressive. Anyone who has ever seen them defend their territory would agree.

And if you are unfortunate enough to park under a tree that they choose to flock in...well, let's just say that you'll be spending awhile at the car wash, a good long while.

More info on the black bird known as the grackle can be found here

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker