>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

At the end of Attack of the Clones, I felt that there was still too much story to tell to put us in the position where you could just say, "time passes until the beginning of Episode 4."

I'll admit that Lucas dotted all of his t's and crossed all of his i's...yes I meant to write that just like that.

Sith was rushed. There was a lot of great story there that was crammed in. Looking back now, the Phantom Menace didn't tell enough of the story. Maybe the second movie should have been done vignette-style with one taking place in the shadows of the rise of the Phantom Menace, the discovery of the Clones on Genosis taking place 5 or 10 years later, and then, jumping forward another 5 years for the final vignette featuring the Jedi alongside the clones attacking Dooku's Alliance base. Instead, we had a very pinched timeline in the last movie. Yes they said that ten years had passed, but none of the major story elements seem to have been allowed to happen offscreen. Like I said rushed.

I heard someone complain that some of the lightsaber duels seemed much too choreographed. I think this is probably right.

The seemingly anti-climactic comment from Yoda about Qui-Gon in the last seconds of the movie is sort of jarring as well.

I liked the movie, but I was disappointed. Maybe I'm just disappointed that it is over.

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker