>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Friday, July 29, 2005

The Smoking Lamp -- JLU-2001's Batman: For You

Smoking Lamp #45
++++++++++++++++++
The lamp is lit...
++++++++++++++++++

Imprint: JLU-2001
Series: Batman: For You #2
Author: Bertram Gibbs
Title: "Two"

The Penguin's death scene is good and creepy.

The bird seed love note gave me that hair standing up on the back of my neck reaction.

The vulture torture is a great grisly scene. Loved it.

I like Batman's focus being so intense that he doesn't hear Gordon come in.

I want to know who is behind it all. But I don't want to read it too fast. Its great the way that you have the reader feeling Batman's emotions as his foes, his villains, are revealed in an odd way to be people he cared about.

I like the Catwoman portrayal here, almost playing the role of den mother to Batman's rogues.

And as for the cliffhanger, I just have one thing to say...OH SHIT!

Good stuff. Loved the story.

I give it 10 out of 10 cigars.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The lamp is extinguished...Steady as she goes.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker