>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Constant Wheelie



Look at this thing.

Bombardier outdid themselves.

They presented it as an entrant in a design contest aimed at what transportation may look like in 25 years.

Beneath 12 mph, it has a landing gear that rolls along. Above 12 mph, the landing gear retracts and leaves the rider free wheeling down the highway.

They haven't designed a working model of this motorized unicycle with attitude, but when they do, it is going to be bad assed.

But imagine trying to pass a heavily loaded trash truck on the highway that is losing part of its load to the winds and slipstream of highway speed. The potential for nasty is very big.

And don't even think about accidents. The guy on the Embrio is street pizza in those instances.

They're cool looking, but considering that I'll be in my late 50's or early 60's before any of them make it onto the streets, I doubt that I'll be riding one.

Click here for more of the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker