>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Science of Booger Formation...Thanks to Ask Yahoo

As you're no doubt aware, boogers are those squishy things in your nostrils
that appear during interviews and dates. They're not pretty, but as we learned
from this site on kids' health, they
are necessary.

Boogers "happen" when your nasal
mucus
combines with dirt and debris you breathe during the day. Mucus (aka
"snot") prevents the dirt from reaching your lungs. Without it, infections would
be far more common.

So, long and disgusting story short, the mucus eventually dries around
the dirt and debris and -- voilĂ ! -- a beautiful new booger is formed. Consider
this the ideal time to bust out the hankie, tissue, or sleeve, then blow.


Yep...lucky me...this was the first thing that I read this morning. Figured I'd share.

HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker