>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Smoke Ring Reviews: Green Lantern #16

Publisher: DC Comics

Wanted: Hal Jordan

by Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis, Albert, Baumann, Leigh, Van Sciver, Gehrlein, and Tomasi



This was great.

It's got that "everything and the kitchen sink" feel.

I mean...Faceless Hunters from Saturn, the armored Russian Rocket Reds, the JLA, Dominators, Hunger Dog...who I wanna know more about, and Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern.

Wonder Woman's quip was priceless.

Amon Sur is a bad...shut your mouth, but I'm talkin' about Amon. The bastard walks into the comic book equivalent of Area 51 and starts blasting away.

Hope that Cowgirl isn't dead. She's a great character and we're getting to the point where there has been enough death and destruction in comics...for an issue or three anyway.

The whole "Hal Jordan buried his predecessor in the GL Corps in an unmarked grave in the Mojave and forgot about him" doesn't ring true for the character of Hal Jordan. It's a sour note, but it's also central to next issue's premise.

...and did I mention that Amon is a bad...

I give it Eight and a Half Smoke Rings out of a possible Ten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker