>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ken Schrader: The Farewell Tour that isn't much of a Tour

I have been a Ken Schrader fan since roughly 1985 or 86. I've followed him a long time.

I love the fact that he gets a fair amount of exposure through the Inside Nextel Cup show on Speed. I like the fact that he seems to get an interview or two every couple of weeks on NASCAR This Morning.

I don't like that fact that the extreme focus on the "stars" of the sport lead to many, many drivers not getting any airtime even during the race when they are doing decent on Sundays.

On Sunday, I went to the Samsung-Radio Shack 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. I went wanting to find and get a Ken Schrader t-shirt or hat. I was disappointed. In what should be his farewell tour, there wasn't even a Ken Schrader souvenir trailer.

I had already planned on my replacement driver being Carl Edwards. So, I ended up getting a Carl Edwards shirt, which is very cool.

But I'm still disappointed.

Schrader is going to continue running dirt track races. And he is going to focus on his truck team when he leaves Nextel Cup, so its not like I'm never going to see him race again. I'm just disappointed with how this "farewell" tour is looking this year.

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker