>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Batman Begins

I like the new Batman movie.

I'm glad that they chose to use the Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul as the bad guys this time around. I do wish they had forgone foreshadowing the Joker. I would have preferred it if we hadn't seen the Joker until later in this cycle of movies. C'mon, who is going to stand up to Nicholson's performance. That was greatness. Jack was the only one who could pick up the gauntlet of Cesar Romero, the best Bat Villain from the 60's TV series...hands down.

I would also prefer that the filmmakers in the new cycle of stories stay away from the Schumacher overly cartoonish elements that drug the franchise into the crapper the first time around. It wasn't Clooney's fault and it wasn't Kilmer's fault...it was Schumacher trying to make a live action cartoon instead of making a movie with a touch of realism that could communicate with a wider audience. Instead of a live action cartoon, I'd rather see a movie length cartoon in the vein of the animated movie, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which was pretty dang good. I've got to find it on DVD someday soon. But if you are going to make a movie, then make a movie, no cartoons with real people for something like Batman.

The first hour of the movie was slow...very slow. The last hour made up for it.

The horror movie elements where the story was being shown from the criminal's point of view were pretty good. And I like the way that they set up pretext of why Batman has so many nut job villains...thanks Scarecrow, thanks Ra's.

All in all, it was a movie worth watching and worth going to see again.

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker