>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Things I Thought I Would Never Say #5

There we were...Saturday morning, a beautiful day. The sun was shining. It was a little warm, but if warm is going to make you not enjoy the day then you are going to spend your summer time life indoors in Texas.

Anyway, there we were. Cadi, the girls, and me waiting on a park bench in front of the zoo for my mother to show up with my sister and my niece for my niece's birthday.

We wait.

And we wait.


And we wait.

Finally, here they come walking through the parking lot. Woo hoo! Let's go see the monkeys.

Suddenly, Abby is crying and crying hard.

Cadi beats me to her...as she always does. And she should, she's her Momma.

When Abby tried to stand up from the park bench she drove a fair-sized splinter under her fingernail. You can see it sticking all the way through under the nail to the back of her nail. The thing looks huge.

We try to pull it out..., but we can't get a hold on it. It is totally under her nail. We don't have any tweezers and I'm not sure we could have gotten a hold on the thing even then, like I said it was totally under her nail.

So there we are. The edge of the splinter is under the edge of her nail...just right under the edge.

So I said...


"Hold on baby, I'm going to bite your fingernail down so your Mom can get the splinter."

And I did.

I never in my life, ever, considered the possibility of biting another human being's fingernail.

Maybe this should have been titled "Things I Thought I Would Never Do."

Until next time,
puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker