>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Great Movie Lines #2

From Lethal Weapon 2 (1989).
Spoken by Joe Pesci's Leo Getz as he and Danny Glove's Sgt. Murtaugh are in the South African Consulate which is fronting for drug dealers running dope and money between South Africa and the American west coast.

LEO: My friend wants to travel to South Africa. I need you to talk him out of it.

CONSULATE WORKER: But sir, its beautiful in South Africa.

LEO: But its a bad time for him to go.

CONSULATE WORKER: Oh sir, have your friend come back and see me and...

LEO: Oh but he's here. Alphonse? Alphonse?

CONSULATE WORKER: But, but, sir...listen to your friend here. You don't want to travel to South Africa.

MURTAUGH: Why not?

CONSULATE WORKER: Well...you're...you're bleck.

LEO(to Murtaugh): He's right.

LEO(to Consul): You're right.

LEO(to Consul): He is.

LEO(to Murtaugh):You are.

MURTAUGH(to Consul): Of course I'm black. I want to travel to South Africa to join up with my brothers to fight against the white fascist regime.

LEO: White fascist regime.

MURTAUGH: One man. One vote.

LEO: One man. One vote.

MURTAUGH: Free South Africa, you dumb sonuvabitch.

LEO: Dumb sonuvabitch.


That is greatness.

HA!

It is a good movie. Well worth watching. And if you have watched cable at all in the last four years, you have seen it about 20 times. It seems like it is always on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker