>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Whale Tale...

Remember the next time you catch someone with their underwear sticking out over the back of their pants...

...tell them, "They are throwing down some whale tail there and to put it up. No one needs to see their damned underwear."

According to this weekends edition of World Wide Words, one of the new words of the year is "whale tail."

The American Dialect Society is voting for their Words of the Year and "whale tail" is one of the nominees. And my vote getter...if I have a vote that is.

It appears alongside such other notables as exopolitics(dealing with space aliens), nuclear option(an extreme course of action in the U. S. Senate), refugee(newly controversial word for a displaced person), spim(instant message spam), and my other favorite jump-the-couch(inspired by Tom Cruise meaning to exhibit frenetic or bizarre behavior).

Of the lot, I only disagree with refugee. Someone who is forced from their homes in a mass exodus is a refugee, whether that person is having to move because of war, disease, politics, or mass disaster, ala Katrina and Rita.

So, friends, Romans, countrymen, let's get out there and make these people stuff their whale tails back in their damned pants. There doesn't anyone need to see that.

I've said it before...and I'll say it again. World Wide Words rocks the hizzouse, if you a word-o-phile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker