>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The 43 Days of Daytona - 29th Place in 2005

Over the 43 days leading up to the Daytona 500, I'll be doing a short review/preview of the Top 43 Drivers of 2005.

----------------

Jeff Green
#66 - Best Buy

Green raced a complete season in 2005 in the legendary Petty #43. Primary sponsorship for that year was General Mills Cereal with Cheerios taking the top spot in most races. He was let go at the end of the season.

He failed to score any Top 5's, Top 10's, or poles while appearing in 36 races. His winnings for the season totaled $4,040,430. His average starts was 26.8. His average finish was 24.7.

In the #43 next year will be Bobby Labonte, who will come up later in our countdown.

Jeff Green will be in the Haas Automation Racing #66 Best Buy Chevy. For the last few years, this car was branded as the #0-NetZero. The rebranding goes hand in hand with Best Buy stepping up as the primary sponsorship.

Will sponsorship be big enough to allow the team to field a car every week? Sponsorship should be solid on this car for the entire season.

Do I think he could go win a championship? No.

Do I think he could win a race or two and have a good season? Probably not. I could be wrong. If I am, they won't win more than one. But if I had to put money on it, I'd say no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker