>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Pinata Effect

Does anyone else find it disturbing that pinatas are often made out of cartoon characters and things that kids supposedly like a whole lot?

A pinata made from Bugs Bunny, Dora the Explorer, or Nemo just seems wrong. I, also, find the Beautiful Princess pinata disturbing.

"Here kids, beat the crap out of Dora the Explorer. When she cracks open she will spray candy out all over the ground. Woo hoo!"

Although, I wouldn't mind beating the crap out of a Philadelphia Eagles pinata...but that's just me.

The History of the Pinata is explained here.

Odd stuff, I never realized that it came to us through the Chinese via Marco Polo and the Catholic Church.

But still...how would you feel sitting in a yard watching a group of children beat the living daylights out of Dora or Scooby or Sleeping Beauty or Buzz Lightyear or Carebears or the Easter Bunny.

Although, if I ever have to listen to the Barney song again, I might be convinced to beat up on a Barney pinata.

Just seems weird to me that celebrating a birthday party or somesuch leads to our children beating the crap out of the characters they love.

I wonder at the message that this activity sends. And the whole they burst and spray candy thing is a disturbing facet all to itself.

STOP PINATA VIOLENCE!

puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker