>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Monday, April 25, 2005

I'm An Endangered Species

Southern Democrats Endangered

I have trended toward voting along with the Southern Democratic movement for most of my life.

There are fewer and fewer Conservative Southern Democrats. More and more, Democrats in the south are just like Democrats in the north, whom I don't fit well with.

I'm pro-gun and pro-death penalty. I am fairly liberal when it comes to tax policies.

I want better control and reform of the welfare system. Something is wrong when my mother who has paid her taxes her whole life has to go 11 months fighting with Social Security to get some..., well, social security. She has had two back surgeries and carpal tunnel surgery over the last 8 or 9 months. She is just now where she can walk again. Not so well, but with a walker she gets around. But you know what, if she would have gotten pregnant and quit her job, then, BAM! All the help she needs would have rained on her like manna from heaven. That pisses me off.

I want better border control. I want protection for American jobs that are being off-shored. I am green on environmental issues. Not so green that I want the American economy strangled, but I want it to be handled intelligently.

And I want someone to stand up for my political beliefs without having to join their church to get some representation, which unfortunately is how the Republican leadership make me feel whenever I listen to them.

I realize an honest politician is like the leprechaun's pot of gold. Heck, I'd settle for a mostly honest politician.

I don't agree with the trend of politicians to change parties while in office. If you were elected Democratic then that's where you've made your bed the length of your term. If you choose to change parties, you should have to resign your seat pending a mid-term election to fill the seat. Otherwise, its dishonest. Wow, there's that word again.

Ah well, I'm going to take my bitter ass outside and smoke a cigar.

Peace all,
puff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker