>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Commentary about Comments

People don't generally comment on Blogs. Not unless you hit on a hot button issue. I've seen a hot button issue take over a blog or two.

The Countess's blog is threatened with being swept under by the tidal wave of divorced mother's rights vs. divorced father's rights. It is a great blog though. I visit regularly. She takes steps regularly to bring other things to the table in addition to the social debate shaping up on her blog among other places.

In comic book circles, that hot button issue is the current Infinite Crisis going on in DC Comics. It is featured on a bunch of blogs right now. Surprisingly, Marvel's House of M seems to be getting little play in the blogosphere...or at least in the parts of the blogosphere that I cruise around in.

While not a hot button issue, my current project, the 43 Days of Daytona, is taking up 43 posts between now and the middle of February. The Life's Tough series will run for while as well. And there are constant posts regarding the Longhorns, Packers, the Super Bowl, and NASCAR, in addition to the 43 Days Special Feature.

The only way you can tell if people are looking at your blog is through the usage of Counters.

A percentage of my hits seem to come from South America and Southeast Asia. I don't understand what the attraction and interest in my blog is from those regions of the world. It just doesn't seem to fit. Even though, I'm a Democrat...well, an Independent with Democratic leanings, my blog is largely Red Meat, Red Neck, Red State oriented with a little bit of social conscience thrown in.

HA! I should put that on a t-shirt. Wonder if I could sell any of them in the run up to the next election. Red Meat! Redneck! Red State! With the alternate being Blue Crab! Blueblood! Blue State!

I saw where one blogger managed to get more eyes on his blog just by including the words Jodie Sweeten or alternately Jodie Sweetin. You remember her she was the cute middle daughter on the TV sitcom Full House that launched the Olsen Twins into public consciousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker