>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Monday, January 30, 2006

The Leaning Tower of Favre...Sometimes 1 Way...Sometimes the Other

ESPN has an interview running this morning that makes it sound like Brett Favre is leaning heavily toward retirement.

If so, Godspeed and thanks.

If not, let's go win some football games next year.

Whichever, c'mon Packers. Let's get it on.

He has to make up his mind soon. The Packers management can't remain in limbo about what their future plans are. Although considering how they have managed the team over the last few years, I wonder if they can rebuild under the current regime without even bigger house cleaning going on rather than just a coaching staff shakeup like what happened after Mike Sherman was fired.

We're either building for the future or we're trying to win a championship next year. But we have to know which way Favre is going to jump.

Sigh...just listened to a rerun of the interview with ESPN. He said, "Its crunch time. Two minutes left. Do I want the ball? I don't know."

That was an honest answer. That's rare in sport and news. It makes it sound like he has lost the fire.

On ESPN, they have been talking about Favre's possibly positioning himself to play for another team for a season or two so he doesn't have to deal with the mess that the Packer front office has made of the team up there. And a suggestion came across that I hadn't considered before. I've heard the Dallas suggestion and the New Orleans. The new one that I hadn't heard before was Miami.

And, big Packer fan that I am, I realized that that one didn't bother me near as much as the idea of his playing in that hole in New Orleans or for the "It's all about Bill" Dallas Cowboys. Brett Favre wouldn't mix with Parcells at all...and besides I think Bledsoe has shown that he can still play and deserves the opportunity to do so in Dallas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker