>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Writing: The State of the Union

On the fan fic front:

I have written 10 issues of JLU-2001's Aquaman. I have stubbed plots and ideas that should carry me through #25 or #30 on the title. I'll be reassessing as I go along on whether I still have the fire to keep going. Curt likes it and he's in charge over there, so that's what counts.

I recently announced on the DC Heroes list that I would be continuing The Birds and The Bees and The Replacements.

I plan on completing the story arc on Birds and, then, closing it down. This is a step down from the reality hopping epic that this was originally supposed to be. Although every time I think about Malachai Dunkin, the South African Boer, extra-dimensional analog of mainstream, African American Mal Duncan, I do think of how the story could carry on. We'll see. By the time I really get around to having my fingers dancing across the keyboard, I may have changed my mind again.

On The Replacements, I have an idea to write it as a mirror to modern DCU continuity. It launched out of the Obsidian Age. Now, I want to have all the major DCU events since that occurrence touch on the stories I tell as I bring it forward alongside mainstream DCU continuity, written as if it were taking place congruently with the events depicted in the comics. It is an exciting time to be a DC Comics fan and some good things have happened over the last couple of months. I think this would be big fun to write...just hope it is as much fun to read.

I agreed to come onboard with Barry Reese and co-plot/co-write AntMan at Av2k. We seem to be getting off to a very slow start. If anybody has a lot of irons in the fire, it is Barry. I hope we can pull this together, cause Barry's AntMan is a good horror comic in the superhero vein and I would love to get my hands on the concept.

I have considered returning to the Twice Told Tales format that I used to retell the Destruction of Krypton. Originally, I planned to use that format to tell various origin tales and important tales from a new perspective, but lately, I have been thinking about doing another Superman/boy tale. Maybe have this one focus on the Kryptonite Kid coming to Earth...not much more to the idea than that currently. This is still just the germ of an idea.

I want to get the Smoking Lamps up and running again. I always seem to go in fits and starts on them.

Novel ideas:

It was pointed out that I seem to write political structures and strictures fairly well. I have a novel idea that would make use of that. We'll have to see where it goes from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker