>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Friday, February 24, 2006

A True Hero...



I don't think I'll ever forget this image.

It's burned into my memory. This little man standing in front of that line of tanks in Tiannamen Square. Shaking his jacket and his arms and moving to stay in front of the tank.

I wonder what happened to him. If he survived...if he's in prison...

I'll never forget sitting there stunned as I watched that video.

That was bravery. That was defiance. That was courage. That was conviction.

That was the mouse reaching out to strangle the hawk as it tried to swallow him.

That was Don Quixote tilting at an impossible windmill.

That was incredible.

That should be shown in Civics classes in high schools.

Freedom isn't free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker